Using a Chromebook is an entirely different experience than standard laptops as it has unique and exciting features. Although these features fascinate the users, sometimes it becomes tough for them to understand new features. Users often find it challenging to use the right-click and left-click options on Chromebook.
Generally, we use the mouse for left and right-click. Even the touchpad of a standard laptop has this option, but as we know, the touchpad of the Chromebook doesn’t have left and right-click buttons. It makes people confused about what to do in this condition and how to left-click on Chromebook. But don’t worry; we are here to resolve this problem. This blog will help you learn how to use left click and ways to ensure your touchpad works properly.
What is Chromebook?
Chromebook is a laptop that runs on Chrome OS operating system and is designed to perform more diverse tasks such as watching movies, playing games, and using Android apps offline by installing them from the Google play store. You can use a full-featured application with Chromebook. However, it is specifically designed for business people.
Why Do We Need to Left-Click?
Left-click is usually termed as a regular click or normal click. Through the double click or left click on the touchpad of the Chromebook, you can open files, links, and screen items directly; moreover, it is also used to drag and click on any item.
How to Use Left Click on Chromebook?
- Chromebook usually don’t have any left-click button like a mouse, so tapping on the lower half of the touchpad with one finger will interpret as a left-click.
- You can click on the items just by clicking the item with one finger.
- To drag the item, double click on it with the left click, hold it and then drag it to the required place. At the new spot, drop your finger, and it will move objects from one place to another.
- Similarly, you can also highlight the text by doing a double left-click with one finger and then move the pointer by moving the finger on the text.
Left-Click by Mouse on Chromebook
- If you are unable to use the left click via touchpad, you can connect a mouse device through USB or Bluetooth with your Chromebook.
- For this, you need to enable Bluetooth from the settings of the Chromebook.
- After that, select your device from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- A pop-up message will appear on the screen after establishing the connection.
- Now you can configure your mouse for left-click and right-click.
- For this, click on the touchpad settings.
- There a dialogue box will appear named as swap primary mouse button.
- It allows the user to swap left and right mouse buttons as well.
What to Do If Left-Click Stops Working?
If the left click of the touchpad doesn’t work at all or correctly.
- First, remove the dust particles from the touchpad, if any.
- If there is still any problem, go to the touchpad’s settings and turn off other touchpad features such as the high speed of the touchpad. Sometimes these features create issues and stop the normal functioning of the touchpad.
- If you find difficulty in working then go for technician help.
Some Other Gestures for Chromebook
To make the use of Chromebook easy for users, there are many advanced features such as if you want to check the available window, swipe with three fingers on the touchpad. It will show all active windows to choose the desired one.
- You can browse the history back by swiping the touchpad from left to right with two fingers.
- Swipe on the touchpad with two fingers from right to left for forwarding browsing.
How to Enable Other Touchpad Functions?
If you want to enable other functions of your touchpad, then follow these guidelines.
- Open the touchpad setting on Chromebook, click on the bottom right corner of the screen, and the menu will open.
- Scroll down and click on the option of the device. Here an option for touchpad speed will appear. Adjust the speed of the touchpad cursor from here.
- Now click on the touchpad setting option; two options will pop up there; traditional scrolling and Australian scrolling. The traditional scrolling option is for moving the page upward, and the Australian scrolling is for moving the page downward.
You may also like to know: How to Save Pictures on a Chromebook?
Chromebook is the latest designed laptop with Chrome OS operating system. Its functions are unique and easy to navigate. You can easily use the left click on a Chromebook with one finger after pressing the Alt key. Moreover, you can also connect a wireless mouse for easy navigation and left-click.
Stay updated for more tips and solutions.