These days most people upgrade their gadgets to the latest models available in the market that is within their price range. However, even now, many people prefer a long-lasting partner in the form of a computer to benefit from familiarity. For such people, keyboards of computers may begin to hiccup while typing, missing a letter or two.
A keyboard key test is a great tool in such situations. With a keyboard testing tool, you can figure out which of your keys are faulty and repair them yourself.
The Importance of Keyboard Testing Tool
A working keyboard is essential for many people to complete their daily tasks, including gamers, office workers, programmers, students, and writers. People with disabilities, including vision and motor impairments, also rely on keyboards to make the web-accessible.
If your keyboard is having some issues in typing, you can use a keyboard testing tool to diagnose which keys are having problems. This can help you see the extent of the malfunction, so you know what to tell your computer technician when you go for repairs.
Using our keyboard tester tool, you’d find whether your issue is minor or not. In case of a bit problem, you can fix it at home; otherwise, you have to pay a significant amount of money to the technician. This way you could save the time for a trip to the computer technician and save the money from his fees.
Why Choose Our Key Input Test?
Our keyboard comes with many advantages, some of which are given below.
1. Free Of Cost
Manual checking at the technician’s shop requires financial spending on your part. But our tool saves you the cost of hiring a skilled computer technician – for something that does not even require much skill!
All you need is to own a keyboard. No additional software or hardware is required to use this keyboard key checker.
2. Fast Checking Speed
Our tool is one of the fastest methods to check your keyboard keys, so you can save time by using it.
Our keyboard test comes with a 100% guarantee of accuracy. With this test, you can trust that any malfunctioning key will not escape detection.
4. Online Availability
Our keyboard test is available online, meaning you can troubleshoot your keyboard issues from the comfort of your home. You don’t need to go to a computer technician’s shop with a bulky mechanical keyboard to fix your keyboard problems.
Our website and the test itself are designed to suit the ease of our users. The test is elementary for anyone to do without the assistance of an expert.
6. Compatible With All Keyboard Types
You can use this keyboard online tester for laptop keyboards which are membrane-type keyboards and mechanical keyboards.
How To Test Your Keyboard?
On our keyboard tester online, you can check whether all the keys on your mechanical keyboard are working or not. Follow these steps to test your keyboard.
- Go to the top of the page; it will show you a virtual keyboard on the screen. Simply press any key on your keyboard to start testing your keyboard.
- Check if the key you pressed turns yellow on the onscreen keyboard. A yellow key means that your computer received the input from the pressed key.
- Repeat the process for all keys to see if they all work correctly.
- If your keyboard is working perfectly, all the keys should appear yellow when you finish testing your keyboard.
Can I Test Any Mechanical Keyboard With This Tool?
Our tool supports all types of variations of mechanical keyboards. Some users prefer a smooth and silent linear switch which is the fastest keyboard type. Others like a tactile switch with a subtle bump when you fully press a key. Some may prefer a clicky switch for the satisfying noise of productivity. No matter your choice, our keyboard tester has your back if your keys ever give you trouble.
Signs Your Keyboard Is Malfunctioning
Here are some of the signs that would indicate that your keyboard is not functioning properly.
1. Keys Not Responding
The most straightforward sign of a keyboard malfunction is that your keys just do not respond quickly no matter how hard you press them.
2. Jammed Keys
Your keyboard keys may refuse to press due to wear or a spilled sticky substance.
3. Repeat Output
Your keys may be responding but a little too enthusiastically. A single press of the ‘t’ key may give you the output ‘ttttttt.’
4. Give The Wrong Output
One of your keys might give a completely different output. For example, you press ‘d’ and see the letter ‘k’ typed on your computer.
Causes of Keyboard Malfunction
If the Keyboard Tester Tool showed issues in your keyboard, they might be due to these reasons. To solve the problem effectively, it is important to find the root cause, so check all these causes and see which one makes you in trouble.
- Dust and debris accumulate in the small gaps between the keys and jam the keyboard.
- High humidity can cause moisture to become trapped inside the keyboard and cause issues.
- Unused keyboards for an extended period can cause keys to malfunction.
- Your keyboard may start acting up due to software issues like a computer virus, but this is very unlikely.
- Food or liquid spills on the keyboard will cause keyboard malfunction and may corrode the inside of the keyboard.
Easy Fixes For Keyboards
You can try these easy fixes if our tool shows your keyboard to have issues:
- Restart your laptop as this commonly fixes many issues by wiping off the computer’s memory and restarting all software programs.
- Clean any dust and debris with a small brush and any liquid spills with a microfiber cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol.
- If the number pad is not working, press Num Lock, as you may have locked the Number Pad by pressing it before.
- Reinstall your keyboard’s driver from the official website. If the keyboard works with the new driver, it means it was a software issue.
If these tips do not fix your issue, you can take your keyboard to a nearby computer technician.
1. How to check which keys are malfunctioning on my keyboard?
You can use our tool to check faulted keys. Using our tool, press all your keyboard keys and check which ones do not change color on the screen.
2. What should I do if many keys on my laptop are not responding?
You can check your laptop’s keyboard by using our keyboard test to ensure it wasn’t a one-time error. If the issue persists, try to fix it at home by using the given tips or ask a computer technician to take a look. They may be able to fix your issue or suggest a replacement. You can check if your laptop’s warranty is valid to get a replacement from the company.
3. What else can I use your website for?
Besides keyboard key testing, our website also has different practical tests like Refresh Rate Test, Click Per Second Tests, Mouse Drift Test, and Jitter Click Test. We also have typing speed tests that you can play like a keyboard tester game.